Friends of Fishtown 5K – July 20, 2019
Join us for the 11th Annual Friends of Fishtown 5K
Sat, July 20, 2019 • 9:00am
Our beautiful course winds through Leland’s neighborhoods and along the Leland River, starting and finishing in the heart of Fishtown. Gradual climbs and descents make this an event for the serious runner or the whole family! Proceeds help us preserve and maintain the historical integrity of Fishtown, and ensure that it remains publicly accessible.
- Corral Starting Line – Fastest runners at front
- RFID Chip Timing* – Timed by Endurance Evolution of Traverse City
- Age categories – 12-under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Participants – Runners, walkers, strollers, and leashed dogs are welcome to run/walk
- 5K Route Map
- After Race information – TBA
- Qualified Race of the Traverse City Track Club’s Grand Prix Race Circuit – More Info
- “Run Like a Fish” Costume Contest (Information below)
- Online registration Thur, Feb 1 thru Wed, July 17 at 11:59pm ~ Click here to register now.
- $30 per participant – Feb 1 to June 30**
- $35 per participant – July 1-20:* Thursday and Friday, July 18-19 (in-person only) –10:00am-4:00pm at the FPS office (203 E Cedar, Leland) – and 10:00am-6:00pm at the Welcome Center in Fishtown – Saturday, July 20 before 8:30am on race morning in Fishtown
* You MUST be registered prior to 8:30am on race day to be chip timed.
** Registrations through Sunday, June 30 will receive preferred t-shirt size.
- Registration includes:
- Fishtown 5K athletic tee**
- Reusable water bottle
- Post-race refreshments
- Chance to win incredible race medals unique to Fishtown!
- Entry in “Run Like a Fish” Costume Contest for medals and prizes
Fishtown Leland On Facebook
Below are the latest postings from the Fishtown Leland Page On Facebook.